Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Smiling Dog

I swear that dog was smiling at me!
It's a foggy Tuesday morning here in the valley- I could barely see down the road as I took my son by the hand and crossed the street to his bus stop. As we waited a couple figures were appearing from the fog walking towards me and my son. It was a young guy (20 something) walking his dog, maybe it was imagination but I swear that dog was smiling. I started thinking if only people got as excited to see each other as dogs get when they see a human. Then the man said "Good Morning" which is rather funny because I am usually the one that offers a greeting first when seeing a stranger. "Good Morning!...cute dog" I said in return. The man laughed and said "come on..." can't remember the dog's name. But could see my own dog peering from our window across the street. The sight of another dog had him on edge- I couldn't tell if my dog was smiling or not from where I was but when I came back home I know he was glad to see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment