Sunday, November 27, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Blues

What can I say? All that built up anticipation over one meal to have it so quickly vanished leaves me a little blue.

I love preparing for thanksgiving- picking out recipes, going to the grocery store and preparing fabulous desserts that I would only make this time of year.

This year I made chocolate covered toffee, a 5 layer pie called banana pecan, my own unique version of sweet potatoes, yeast crossants, prosciutto covered pears, roasted cloves of garlic, peppercorn & walnut covered brie, cranberry covered goat cheese (bought this), traditional mashed potatoes with cream cheese- my wonderful husband made a turkey and family contributed Ham, cornbread dressing, sausage dressing, Blonde brownies with peanut butter frosting, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, pistachio nut jello salad, green bean casserole, and a wonderful spinach strawberry walnut salad.

Any weight I lost over the last month or so is probably gained back- but how can one resist such pleasure?

It's almost like a contest that you train for and compete that has come to an end. But there is no prize or 1st place trophy, only approving nods and comments of approval. I must admit it is wonderful to cook for people that like my cooking, people that complain and are uber picky are buzz killers.

I feel like saying to those finicky non-feasters- "Stay home and cook for yourself-if you are going to be pain in the butt!" But fortunately this year most everyone seemed to enjoy my and others efforts.

Anyway all is not lost-Christmas is coming and another celebration to share my mad cooking skills with those that care!

No comments:

Post a Comment